I have three underrated films. The first is None Shall Escape from 1944. This a movie that almost no one has seen, but I think it's one of the most important films from the era, dramatizing a German WW1 vet's rise to the ranks of a powerful Nazi officer, and the effect that he has of those around him, including his friends in his hometown and his own family members who disagree with his politics.
It's a film that attempts to give us a little glimpse into the mindset of someone brainwashed by Hitler. Ultimately the character (played brilliantly by Alexander Knox) becomes so ruthless that we don't want to venture any further in his mind.
Mark wrote a great review of this movie recently at his blog Cin Eater. You can read the review here.
The second recommendation I have for underrated film is the thriller The Conversation (1972) with Gene Hackman. It's a great movie about surveillance, and is one of my top favorites from the 1970s.
Also, a film I reviewed a few months ago, Nickelodeon, a fantastic movie from 1976 about silent filmmaking. You can read the full review here.

0 Yorumlar